Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 5: Near Death Experience

I'm sure we've all heard the story about people dying witnessing that they saw a tunnel of light and there was someone at the end that they knew. Some even claimed to hover over their body as the doctors and nurses worked frantically to save their lives. I think this is referred to as "out of body" experience. Their testimonies are both vivid and assertive. I've seen the videos on youtube and there we're plenty on TV when I was growing up. Search for "700 club near death experience".
It's very interesting how people claim to have such a vivid recollection of events when they're dead. It's also amazing how they and their audience can give such credibility to this. If I said that I had a dream that the bridge down the street was going to collapse, people would say it's just a dream. But if I had a dream that Jesus said that I should quit my job and go to Africa for missionary work, theists would start calling me "chosen one".
We have 5 senses. We use them to evaluate our experience in a conscience state, not subconscious, dreaming, comatose, or dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment